SELF CATERING BETWEEN OBAN AND FORT WILLIAM
Welcome to Appin Holiday Homes near Oban in Argyll a small family run self catering holiday park with fabulous lochside views.
A self-catering stay in Appin is the first step to enjoying the best of the stunning coastline of Argyll in the West of Scotland. We are fabulously positioned overlooking Loch Creran near the towns of Oban and Fort William and also a short drive to Glencoe. From Appin you can visit hidden beaches, take some stunning walks, cycle for miles, explore hidden valleys and woodlands, climb huge mountains, or take in some castles there are plenty within 10 miles. Appin itself is set within a National Scenic Area and is surrounded by mountains
We are a small family owned and run park with ten log cabin style lodges and eight Lochside caravans with all accommodation set within 20 acres of grounds.
The lodges are all overlooking the Loch and can sleep up to four people with a double bedroom and two singles. More information can be found on the 'lodges' page.
The caravans are close to the shore and are in very well kept grounds with each able to accommodate four people.
After a hard days exploring the area relax, put your feet up and take in the wonderful views from the deck of your lodge or caravan. If you don't wish to cook for yourself stroll down to the Creagan Inn which enjoys a magical lochside setting and serves food and drinks all day.
Lots of pictures have been added to our FACEBOOK page. Look under Photos then choose an Album!
With a large number of return visitors or recommendations we offer;
- 24-hour Onsite information Room with Free internet Wi-Fi and tourist information.
- Short Breaks (min 2 days) and full weeks available.
- Did we mention the View!
- DVD lending library and a selection of books.
- Our very own Train Station the last one remaining on the old Oban to Ballachullish Railway Line which is now a lovely viewpoint.
- Laundry building with coin operated industrial size washing machine and tumble drier.
- 20 acres of grounds to explore.
- 5-minute walk to the Creagan Inn
If you are planning on getting married in the area, Appin Holiday Homes is ideal for wedding guests. Book the whole site or a few units.
OUR LODGES ARE OPEN ALL YEAR AND CARAVANS BETWEEN EASTER AND OCTOBER 31ST.
Ideal for exploring our beautiful area:
- A unique, scenic, Scottish location, with ten lodges and eight caravans nestled below Creagan Hill with views of Loch Creran.
- Creagan Inn - a cosy lochside pub is only a five-minute stroll away.
- Campfires on the shore of Loch Creran, one of the most well-known Lochs in Argyll due to its unique ecology.
- Easy access to Oban for connection with Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries to Mull, Iona and Tiree and many of Argyll’s leading tourist attractions.
- Alongside the Red Fox Cyclepath.
- Easy access to Oban, Taynuilt, and Dragons Tooth golf courses, fishing on the sea loch or freshwater loch and nearby rivers, walking in the surrounding countryside and hillsides.
- Local amenities include local shop and gift shop, restaurants, horse riding, doctors surgery and bicycle/boat hire.
- 2 miles from Castle Stalker one of the most photographed castles in Scotland which is overlooked by Castle Stalker View café and gift shop. An easy cycle from the holiday park.
- Fort William home of Ben Nevis and the Jacobean Steam Train & Glencoe only a short drive away.