SELF CATERING BETWEEN OBAN AND FORT WILLIAM
Welcome to Appin Holiday Homes near Oban in Argyll a small family run self catering holiday park with fabulous lochside views.
We regret to inform you all that following the latest Government advice it is looking likely that we will not be re-opening on the 23rd March 2021as we had originally hoped.
It is impossible to say precisely when we shall be able to re-open but we are keeping an eye on all Scottish Government developments and will update you as soon as we do have a firm re-opening date.
Reservations remain open and at the moment we are taking bookings from 4th April. We are only taking £25 deposits with balances not due until 14 days before booking start date. Should we find that we are not able to open please rest assured, if you have made a booking with us, it will be possible to move that booking to an alternative date.
Our holiday park is a small site in a rural area and social distancing is well practised here in local shops and supermarkets. Locals will welcome visitors as long as government advice on Covid-19 is maintained. We have staggered our arrival/departure dates to increase safety. Our self- check-in procedure will remain to further protect our guests and staff, and our games hut and reception will be closed. If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, please do not under any circumstances travel. We kindly ask all guests on the park to respect social distancing.
We have implemented new cleaning and sanitising procedures across our park to ensure an elevated standard of hygiene and cleanliness. Our accommodation will be deep cleaned with a fogging machine ensuring that bedding light switches, plugs, handles, and all kitchenware and equipment are thoroughly disinfected. Our employees are all fully prepared for these additional standards and cleaners will be wearing masks, disposable aprons and gloves and will use disposable cloths/mops to clean each unit. We are following every guideline as set out by the ASSC, BH&HPA and Scottish government.
We hope to see you all in Appin soon
We are fabulously positioned overlooking Loch Creran near the towns of Oban and Fort William and also a short drive to Glencoe. In the midst of lush green fields, rare endangered butterflies, wild flowers, a Loch that is sometimes calm and still, disturbed only by the resident seals and otters and sometimes rough with crashing waves. In the distance mighty mountains, misty against a blue sky. .... From here you can visit hidden beaches, take some stunning walks, cycle for miles, explore hidden valleys and woodlands, climb those mountains, or take in some castles there are plenty within 10 miles. Appin itself is set within a National Scenic Area.
The lodges are all overlooking the Loch and can sleep up to four people with a double bedroom and two singles. More information can be found on the 'lodges' page.
The caravans are close to the shore and are in very well kept grounds with each able to accommodate four people.
After a hard days exploring the area relax, put your feet up and take in the wonderful views from the deck of your lodge or caravan. If you don't wish to cook for yourself stroll down to the Creagan Inn which enjoys a magical Lochside setting and serves food and drinks all day.
Lots of pictures have been added to our FACEBOOK page. Look under Photos then choose an Album!
With a large number of return visitors or recommendations we offer;
- 24-hour Onsite information Room with Free internet Wi-Fi and tourist information.
- Short Breaks (min 2 days) and full weeks available.
- Did we mention the View!
- DVD lending library and a selection of books.
- Our very own Train Station the last one remaining on the old Oban to Ballachullish Railway Line which is now a lovely viewpoint.
- Laundry building with coin operated industrial size washing machine and tumble drier.
- 20 acres of grounds to explore.
- 5-minute walk to the Creagan Inn
OUR LODGES ARE OPEN ALL YEAR AND CARAVANS BETWEEN EASTER AND OCTOBER 31ST.
Ideal for exploring our beautiful area:
- A unique, scenic, Scottish location, with ten lodges and eight caravans nestled below Creagan Hill with views of Loch Creran.
- Creagan Inn - a cosy lochside pub is only a five-minute stroll away.
- Campfires on the shore of Loch Creran, one of the most well-known Lochs in Argyll due to its unique ecology.
- Easy access to Oban for connection with Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries to Mull, Iona and Tiree and many of Argyll’s leading tourist attractions.
- Alongside the Red Fox Cyclepath.
- Easy access to Oban, Taynuilt, and Dragons Tooth golf courses, fishing on the sea loch or freshwater loch and nearby rivers, walking in the surrounding countryside and hillsides.
- Local amenities include local shop and gift shop, restaurants, horse riding, doctors surgery and bicycle/boat hire.
- 2 miles from Castle Stalker one of the most photographed castles in Scotland which is overlooked by Castle Stalker View café and gift shop. An easy cycle from the holiday park.
- Fort William home of Ben Nevis and the Jacobean Steam Train & Glencoe only a short drive away.